In line with government guidelines, only under 65s who are in an at risk group can have their vaccination first.
You should have the free flu vaccine if you are:
- Have a long term condition such as:
- A heart problem
- A chest complaint or breathing difficulties, including bronchitis, emphysema or severe asthma
- A kidney disease
- Lowered immunity due to disease or treatment (such as steroid medication or cancer treatment)
- Liver disease
- Had a stroke or a transient ischaemic attack (TIA)
- A neurological condition, eg multiple sclerosis (MS), cerebral palsy
- A learning disability
- A problem with your spleen, eg sickle cell disease, or you have had your spleen removed
- Are seriously overweight (BMI of 40 and above)
People on the NHS Shielded Patient List for COVID-19 are all eligible for a free flu vaccine and it is really important this year that they receive it.
If you are between 50 and 65 years old and not in the at risk group you will be offered a flu vaccination later on. We will keep our Facebook page and website updated.
Please use our website to book flu vaccinations. This can be done by using our Ask Reception a Question form. If you are unsure, please use the same form and we will let you know.
Help us to help you protect our community.